Learn French at your speed
There will be no Froxit!
Froggyspeak will keep one foot firmly anchored to the mainland and the other to the island.
Froggyspeak.com arose from work in U3A, The University of the Third Age. It is produced by Bernard in Dorset, UK and Patrick in Paris, France. It is a strictly not for profit tool for beginners and improvers to develop their use of written and spoken French and to complement and follow more formal learning French programmes
There are over 30 one page stories online and more to come. Everything is free to access and download. No advertising. No catches. The stories can all be copied in French and English onto a single A4 page, thus making them convenient for U3A and other group leaders. They are spoken by Patrick at slow and normal speeds. You can listen online or download and keep the mp3 sound file.
Read a story regularly. Emulate Patrick - aloud. This is most important. It will help you to develop an easy and authentic French pronunciation. Your vocabulary, speech and understanding of French will steadily improve.
Read and speak regularly. Start with "Le Cyclist" or "L 'accident" and continue at intervals to read and understand all of the stories. Always read aloud!
The programme can be used by individual students and by groups. It has proved especially popular and useful for U3A multilevel groups in UK, Australia and New Zealand and in many other countries including France, Canada, USA and South Africa.
If necessary Bernard in Dorset and Patrick in Paris will provide advice and assistance on using the site and Bernard will share his experience in using the programme in a long running U3A group.
But in order for us to continue to maintain and improve the website we need your feedback! How is the site working for you?
Use and download for free.
Donations welcome.Link to the donation page
and please send us feedback: firstname.lastname@example.org
quick access to the lessons
Learn French at your speed :
Les Aventures d'Albert :
Free web site for French Improvers and Beginners
Audio available at slow and normal speed
Here is the first chapter of "Le Beau Gendarme"
Yes winter is coming soon enough... But don't be too sad. Here is the first chapter of "Le Beau Gendarme" ready for you!
Plays for group practice
We've just added three Plays to the current stories for those wishing to implement an enjoyable way of learning via group practices.
Make a donation to Froggyspeak
In order to help with the cost, you are welcome to make a donation to the Froggyspeak French Language Project so that we can continue to provide a totally free, quality web site without any ads or other distractions. One or two GP pounds?
Click the following link if you wish to help us by making a donation :
Some more feedback :
Thank you so much for Froggyspeak ! I lead the Cercle Français U3A and we're going to start using it right away. It's the most helpful material by far I've seen anywhere for groups such as ours (a dozen older non-linguists) and I'll be happy tell you how we get along with ... More
Some nice messages received :
Quite Brilliant. P J M'What a wonderful website.' Dave
Many thanks for offering to share "froggyspeak" - what a good idea!
- Les Aventures d'Albert 1 - L'Accident
- Les Aventures d'Albert 11 - Crise Cardiaque
- Les Aventures d'Albert 12 - Qu'est-ce qui est arrivé à la femme d'Albert ?
- Les aventures d'Albert 14 - Un Jour aux Courses
- Les Aventures d'Albert 15 - Un dîner au Ritz
- Les Aventures d'Albert 16 - Les Pierres de Rosette
- Les Aventures d'Albert 2 - Qu'est-ce qui s’est passé après l’accident ?
- Les Aventures d'Albert 3 - Le voyage au sud
- Les Aventures d'Albert 4 - L'arrestation
- Les Aventures d'Albert 5 - Le Juge d'Instruction
- Les Aventures d'Albert 6 - La Prison
- Les Aventures d'Albert 7 - La Grande Evasion
- Les Aventures d'Albert 8 - Où irons-nous?
- Les Aventures d'Albert 9 - Le Butin
- Les aventures d’Albert 10 - Une Visite au Zoo
- Les aventures d’Albert 13 - N'essayez pas ceci à la maison
- Les Aventures d'Albert 1 - L'Accident